Monday, October 12:
- Deaf Wish with Lackluster @ DC9 ($10): Australian punk band touring in support of their debut LP, Pain.
- Mal Blum with Art Sorority for Girls & Foster Carrots @ The Black Cat ($10 – $12): Singer/songwriter who writes first-person narratives and blends them into a unique sound with folk, punk, and rock influence.
Tuesday, October 13:
- Neon Indian with Tamaryn @ The 9:30 Club ($25): This is classic “chillwave,” “glo-fi,” “downtempo pop,” or whatever you choose to call the genre. Neon Indian hasn’t released an album since 2011, but the upcoming album, VEGA INTL. Night School, is set for release Oct 16. Catch some new tracks at the show.
- Reptar with Young Empires & Breathers @ U Street Music Hall ($18): Dance-rock quartet named after a Rugrats character.
- Paperhaus with Santah & Stronger Sex @ DC9 ($12): DC psychedelic rock band.
- The Dear Hunter with Chon & Gates @ The Rock & Roll Hotel ($20): A progressive rock band that began as the side project of Casey Crescenzo, formerly of The Receiving End of Sirens.
Wednesday, October 14:
- Chris Cornell @ The Music Center at Strathmore ($76): Cornell was the frontman of Soundgarden and part of Audioslave, but this venue is beyond terrible.
- Joywave with Grace Mitchell & Kopp @ U Street Music Hall ($15): Indie pop/electro band best known for being featured in Big Data’s “Dangerous.”
- Goldroom with Gavin Turek @ U Street Music Hall ($15): Los Angeles-based outfit that produces dreamy electronic music.
- Hollywood Undead with Crown the Empire & I Prevail @ The Fillmore Silver Spring ($22): A rap rock band from (shockingly) Hollywood.
- Mac DeMarco with Walter TV & Alex Calder @ The Howard Theater (Sold Out): Indie rocker with a self-described style of “jizz jazz,” whatever that means.
- Empress Of with ABRA @ DC9 ($10 – $12): Introspective electro-pop artist who opened for Florence + The Machine’s tour this summer.
Thursday, October 15:
- Cherub with Hippie Sabotage @ The 9:30 Club (Sold Out): Doses & Mimosas. If that’s the only song you know by this synth-pop, cocaine-obsessed duo, well, that’s all you really need to know.
- BØRNS with Avid Dancer @ The Rock & Roll Hotel (Sold Out): Dreamy and danceable falsetto-driven electro-pop music.
- Blitzen Trapper with The Domestics @ The Black Cat ($20): Alt-country/indie folk band from Portland, Oregon.
Friday, October 16:
- Leon Bridges with Kali Uchis @ The 9:30 Club (Sold Out): Soul artist who was selling out venues with just three singles, well before his debut LP, Coming Home, was released. Most people have had their tickets for months, so good luck finding one for this show.
- Kaskade with CID @ Echostage (Sold Out): Hopefully you’ve at least heard of this DJ. He just released his new album, Automatic, at the end of September and is known for putting on energetic shows.
- Kacey Musgraves @ The Lincoln Theatre (Sold Out): I know nothing about country music. Musgraves has 2 sold out shows, and Spotify compares her to numerous well-known country artists, so she has to be good, right?
- Cherub with Hippie Sabotage @ 9:30 Club ($20): See above.
- Oddisee with Good Company @ U Street Music Hall ($20): DC native hip-hop artist with soul and rap influences.
Saturday, October 17:
- Tobias Jesso Jr. with Wet @ The 9:30 Club ($20): Tobias Jesso Jr. is a 70’s style singer/songwriter and piano balladeer. If you don’t know him, just check out one of his tracks.
- Old 97’s with Banditos @ The 9:30 Club ($25): Old 97’s are one of the most enduring alternative country-rock bands of our time.
- Kacey Musgraves @ The Lincoln Theatre (Sold Out): See above.
- NERO with Wax Motif & Audrep Napoleon @ Echostage ($30): NERO is a British dubstep group. Their latest LP, Between II Worlds, was released mid-September.
Sunday, October 18:
- Smallpools with Phoebe Ryan and Machineheart @ The 9:30 Club ($25): Indie pop band best known for their track “Dreaming”.
- The AP Tour Mayday Parade, Real Friends, This Wild Life, As It Is @ The Fillmore Silver Spring ($25): Angsty emo/punk bands. Want to relive middle school? Then this is for you.
Recently Announced Shows:
- 11/1 Kendrick Lamar @ The Lincoln Theatre
- 11/13 Grimes @ The 9:30 Club
- 11/14 Robin Schulz @ Echostage
- 11/16 Shakey Graves @ The 9:30 Club
- 11/17 Travi$ Scott @ The Fillmore Silver Spring
- 11/27 Miley Cyrus & Her Dead Petz @ Echostage
- 12/03 DC101 Elliot in the Morning Holiday Concert (Fall Out Boy, AWOLNATION, Bastille, The Struts) @ EagleBank Arena (formerly Patriot Center)
- 12/09 The Academy Is… @ The 9:30 Club
- 12/12 JoJo @ U Street Music Hall
- 12/14 The Arcs @ The 9:30 Club
- 12/14 Hot 99.5 Jingle Ball (5 Seconds of Summer, Demi Lovato, Shawn Mendes, Zedd, Tove Lo & more) @ The Verizon Center
- 12/16 San Fermin @ The 9:30 Club
- 12/30 Paul & The Broken Bones @ The 9:30 Club
- 12/31 Paul & The Broken Bones @ The 9:30 Club
- 3/23 The Who @ The Verizon Center